How to prevent Prostatis? Preventive measures to avoid Bacterial Prostatitis
One of the most frequent pathologies in men is prostatitis, characterized by inflammation of the prostate and which is usually associated in most cases with infections of bacterial origin.
Prostatitis can occur at any age, especially in sexually active men, especially if they have different sexual partners. It is also associated with urinary tract infections.
THE MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS OF PROSTATITIS ARE USUALLY:
- Difficulty and / or discomfort to urinate.
- Pain in the lower back, pelvic, genital or perineal.
- Painful ejaculation or erection problems.
The treatment for prostatitis is based on the symptoms that the patient presents and after medical evaluation, it will be treated with the appropriate medication, in most cases antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. It is important to go to the doctor to treat it in time and avoid the risk of developing into chronic prostatitis.
MEN CAN TAKE CERTAIN PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO AVOID BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS:
- Good hygiene is essential to avoid infections, such as washing your hands before and after urinating, because a large number of germs accumulate on the hands.
- For sexually active men with different sexual partners, the use of condoms is recommended to avoid sexually transmitted diseases, as well as urinary infections.
- A healthy diet can also act as a protective factor against prostatitis; avoiding saturated fats and including an antioxidant diet; Certain foods, such as berries, have been proven to help prevent urinary tract infections.